Have a problem with your website? Start here!
WordPress 5.0 Alert: For self-hosted WordPress installations on campus, the WordPress 5.0 release may have unexpected conflicts. Please review the resources below for more information.
Getting Started with WordPress
Read This First!
When contacting the NC State Help Desk or other IT support staff, be sure to include:
- The URL of your website
- If you know, the name of your web hosting service (eg. wordpress.ncsu.edu or cPanel web hosting)
- Whether or not you’re an admin user on your website
- A detailed description of your issue
For issues logging in with your username and password, please contact the NC State Help Desk.
Tutorials & Training
- OIT Design & Web Services provides free training workshops on various WordPress topics.
- Video tutorials are available to help walk you through the basics of using WordPress.
- Support documentation is available at WordPress.org.
Preparing for Gutenberg
With WordPress version 5.0 comes the release of the Gutenberg block-based editor.
- What is Gutenberg?
- Accessibility Issues
- Classic Editor Plugin
- Developer & Administrator Resources
- Practice with the New Editor